Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Leaving here for awhile...

I am off to travel the Continent tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting out of Auckland and away from campus for awhile. I finally have some time for relaxing (proper) and traveling.

Part of my holiday time means some time for reading...



The Journals of Anais Nin - diary writing is my literary indulgence, I love confessional writing.

How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers - have not read any of his yet... a book my partner lent me... Thank you!

The Public World / Syntactically Impermanence by Leslie Scalapino - (who is incredibly amazing) I am writing a paper on this book so I cannot leave it behind. I am actually really looking forward to spending some more time with it - it is an extremely difficult and wonderful critical book.

The White Fire of Time by Ellen Hinsey - a book another friend lent me... Thank you!

Androgyny Magazine - I'm not much of a magazine person, in fact, I have not even read this publication before - but I decided I needed a travel treat - it looks very pretty...

...I am also taking some photocopied selections from Susan Howe's The Midnight... delight.

Of course, I am too, looking forward to perusing the new How2 issue.

So, I will be out of blogging action for about 4 weeks. Please feel free to email me re chapbook swaps and art trades - bearing in mind I will not be able to do your mail out until the end of July.


Emma X

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really must check out White Cube Masons Yard - Jake and Dinos Chapman as well as Martin Creeds work at Tate Britain when you're in London. And I think there is a book + art show somewhere oh and Skin and Bones (Fashion / Architecture) are worthwhile.. and Fiona Rae at Timothy Taylor if thats still on. And this Thursday if you are in London head to Vyner st for a street full of private views.

Jen said...

the book/art show mentioned is likely blood on paper at the victoria and albert - very well worth a look!

Jen said...

also, happy travels!

A Sleepless Night (Standing) said...

Dear Jen, thank you, my trip was so lovely and yes I looked that show up but unfortunately it had finished by the time I got to London and I was quite disappointed about that - it looked really great.